10 reasons to IGNORE your WEBSITE
Mark here with a sword of truth for SPEAKERS who are not earning more than $10,000 a month.
Shannon and I see a lot of talented, heart-centered Speakers who have websites, blogs, article marketing- the works. When we ask them how their business is doing and how many speaking gigs they’re getting from their site – we often hear a similar response:
So we ask why they have a website if it’s not earning them money. And, we get a similar response:
Which is what inspired me to write to you today. Here are 10 reasons why Speakers must IGNORE their websites until they make (at least) $10,000 a month.
- All great Speakers started SPEAKING to live audiences
- A small group LIVE is 100x more engaged than a small group reading a blog
- A “good” conversion rate online is 2%. Speaking LIVE can be over 50%.
- Websites cost more of your ENERGY than you think
- Working behind a computer screen vs. seeing LIVE beautiful FACES
- Checking stats vs. connecting and serving clients
- Online you get “likes”, in person you get hugs, “love” and real engagement
- Steve Jobs sold Apple computers…from SPEAKING
- Tony Robbins sells multiple 5-figure events…from SPEAKING
- Our clients made $5.7M last year… without relying on their website
I hope this inspires you to SPEAK to small groups in your own backyard more. I hope this inspires you to FOCUS on the main reason you started Speaking: to make YOUR Big Impact, in front of live audiences.
Yes, once you’re earning in the multiple 10’s of 1000’s of dollars a month as a speaker, websites can be used to help you “scale”. But until then, don’t even think of the word “scale”, ok? We’re here for you – and we want to help you stay FOCUSED.
Inspire the hell out of us and let me know:
What fires you up about Speaking in your own backyard?
We believe in you,
Mark & Shannon